Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Min Zhou <co...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/22 07:16:43 UTC

How can I run the other test cases except those defined in CoreTestDriver?

Hi all,

When I run the command
bin/hadoop jar hadoop-common-test-*.jar
org.apache.hadoop.io.file.tfile.TestTFileSeqFileComparison
a prompt is showed like below
Valid program names are:
  testarrayfile: A test for flat files of binary key/value pairs.
  testipc: A test for ipc.
  testrpc: A test for rpc.
  testsetfile: A test for flat files of binary key/value pairs.

AFAIK, this script finds the Main-class from a jar file essentially through
RunJar, which firstly lookup the mainfest to decide whether this jar has
defined a main class or not. If there is no defination, the first one of the
uneaten arguments from the command line will be considered as the main
class's name.  But org/apache/hadoop/test/CoreTestDriver has been taken as
the main class of hadoop test in build.xml.  Therefore,  I  can only run 4
testcases ( testarrayfile, testipc, testrpc,  testsetfile). How can I  run
the other test cases except those defined in that class? By running ant test
-Dxxx ?

Thanks,
Min

bytecode based virtual machine.