Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Nick Lothian <ni...@essential.com.au> on 2004/10/25 03:35:46 UTC

Backporting 5.5 change to 5.0.x for Pluto (was RE: cvs commit: ja karta-tomcat-catalina/catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina/connectorCon nector.java mbeans-descriptors.xml Request.java)

> > remm@apache.org wrote:
> >
> > >remm        2004/10/12 15:53:16
> > >
> > >  Modified:    catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina/connector
> > >                        Connector.java
> > mbeans-descriptors.xml Request.java
> > >  Log:
> > >  - Add the ability to force session cookies to be set to
> > the root path "/". This should not be used on large servers,
> > otherwise tons of cookies
> > >    may be sent.
> > >  - This will allow the use case of the Pluto folks, in a
> > reliable way.
> > >
> > Thanks to Jan for suggesting this feature addition could be a
> > solution.
> >
> > Rémy

We have had a number of people successfully test this with Pluto. Thanks for
implementing this change.

Would it be possible to get it backported to the 5.0.x Tomcat stream?

Nick