Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Yufei Zhang <af...@apache.org> on 2022/08/24 05:18:16 UTC

[upsert-kafka][SQL] Why Upsert-Kafka SQL connector is a different connector from the Kafka SQL Connector

Hi all,

I noticed there is a Upsert-Kafka SQL Connector[1] and the Kafka SQL
Connector[2], my question is why do we implement them as two different
connectors? For example, why not add a `upsert` config option in the Kafka
SQL connector to specify whether the table enables upsert mode or not. Is
there a special consideration that we have to use a different connector
name like `upsert-kafka` and implement a different
DynamicSource/SinkFactory  ?

Thank you in advance~

Cheers,
Yufei

- [1] :
https://nightlies.apache.org/flink/flink-docs-release-1.15/docs/connectors/table/upsert-kafka/

- [2]:
https://nightlies.apache.org/flink/flink-docs-release-1.15/docs/connectors/table/kafka

Re: [upsert-kafka][SQL] Why Upsert-Kafka SQL connector is a different connector from the Kafka SQL Connector

Posted by Yufei Zhang <af...@gmail.com>.
Thanks~ Will take a look.

Cheers,
Yufei