Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com> on 2000/06/13 06:22:16 UTC

Re: XInclude - A problem with absolute URLS?

On Tue, 13 Jun 2000, Kevin D'Allaird wrote:

> I have been successfully using XInclude (thanks Donald!) to include one xml
> file in another.  However, when I started moving the files into a directory
> structure, it was no longer able to locate the file.
>
> The file to be included (/navigation.xml) is at the docroot and the
> including file is one level down (/partners/index.xml).
> http://domain.com/navigation.xml does not work, neither does
> /navigation.xml, but ../navigation.xml does.
>
>   <xinclude:include parse="xml" href="../navigation.xml"/>

It's almost certainly due to my not setting the publicid and/or systemid's
on the SAX InputSource - but I don't know to what they should be set. My
query on the subject garnered no replies, and it's not a pressing issue
for me (my itch is scratched) so I didn't follow up. I'd be glad to take a
patch or even a suggestion as to what the value(s) should be.

- donald