Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by lboutros <bo...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/20 11:26:17 UTC

Group on multiple fields in a sharded environment

Dear all,

I would like to group my query results on two different fields (not at the
same time).
I also would like to get the exact group count.
And I'm working with a sharded index.

I know that to get the exact group count, all documents from a group must be
indexed in a unique shard.

Now, is there a good magic way other than create two collections with two
different sharding keys ?
I could as well imagine a sort of document balancer which could move
(reindex) the documents by changing the sharding key, but it could be quite
complex and indexing performances could be bad I think.

Any advice ?

Ludovic.

-----
Jouve