Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Eric van der Vlist <vd...@dyomedea.com> on 2001/11/09 12:24:45 UTC

Base URI for relative external-noNamespaceSchemaLocation paths

Hi,

I am not sure if this should be considered as a bug or just documented
on your site, and I prefer to post the question on this list than to
enter a new bug...

I have noticed that the SAX property
http://apache.org/xml/properties/schema/external-noNamespaceSchemaLocation
is resolved using a base URI which is the base URI of the instance
document rather than the current directory (when in command line).

This behavior is surprising for the user which parses from the command
line "../foo.xml" with a noNamespaceSchemaLocation set to "bar.xsd" and
usually expecting that "bar.xsd" is searched in the current directory.

It can be guessed from the note: "The syntax is a same as for the
noNamespaceSchemaLocation attribute that may occur in an instance
document: e.g."file_name.xsd". The user may specify only one XML Schema.
For more information see the documentation for the
http://apache.org/xml/properties/schema/external-schemaLocation property
" but could also be explicitely mentioned ;=) ...

Thanks

Eric

PS: thanks for the level of schema support you've reached in Xerces-J. I
am doing quite a lot of work on W3C XML Schema and often need to check
what I have understood in the rec and your implementation is the most
complete and conform I have found so far.
--
Rendez-vous à Paris pour le Forum XML.
                    http://www.technoforum.fr/Pages/forumXML01/index.html