Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Adam Tong <ad...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/27 18:07:26 UTC

Installing

Hi,

I am trying to install jsvc. I downloaded the bin of commons
(commons-daemon-1.0.13-bin.tar.gz) from
http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-daemon//download_daemon.cgi.

After extraction I can't find the configure script that is mentioned
in this page http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-daemon//jsvc.html
section "Building from a release tarball".

Am I missing some step?

By the way can you tell me if jsvc will allow me at the end to run a
java a program as a Daemon whose commands I can simply configure in
/etc/init.d under ubuntu?

Thank you

Re: Installing

Posted by Ian Emmons <ie...@bbn.com>.
The command

   tar -tf commons-daemon-1.0.13-src.tar.gz | grep configure

yields the following result:

   commons-daemon-1.0.13-src/src/native/unix/configure