Posted to dev@tajo.apache.org by Hyunsik Choi <hy...@apache.org> on 2015/09/23 12:52:49 UTC

Unit test failure in tajo-storage-pgsql

Hi folks,

Unit test failures occur in tajo-storage-pgsql after we changed the
target JVM to 1.8.

I investigated the reason. I just found that pgsql unit test doesn't
work in jenkins regardless of JVM versions and JVM's 32/64 bit modes.

The evidence is clear. I couldn't find any success with 64bit JVM from
all past unit tests. The unit tests have been succeeded in only in 32
bit mode because tajo-storage-pgsql was skipped in 32bit mode.

See the build history
(https://builds.apache.org/job/Tajo-master-build/,
https://builds.apache.org/job/Tajo-0.11.0-build/).

Choosing JVM 1.8 lets the unit tests to run in 64bit JVM. It caused
the test failure. 0.11 branch was also failed in 64bit JVM
(https://builds.apache.org/job/Tajo-0.11.0-build/68/console)

In sum, the pgsql unit tests doesn't work in ASF builds.a.o regardless
of JVM versions and 32bit and 64bit mode. I'm not sure the reason. I'm
just expecting that the reason may be some security problem because
pgsql tests runs an external downloaded binary.

So, I propose that we add some profile to disable the unit tests of
pgsql. Then, we will use it for only jenkins. Travis already works
well.

Best regards,
Hyunsik