Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by "Thies C. Arntzen" <th...@digicol.de> on 1998/08/10 07:50:01 UTC

Re: os-solaris/2712: linking some APXS module with ORACLE libs seems to confuse apache...

The following reply was made to PR os-solaris/2712; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Thies C. Arntzen" <th...@digicol.de>
To: rse@Apache.Org
Cc: apbugs@Apache.Org
Subject: Re: os-solaris/2712: linking some APXS module with ORACLE libs seems to
 confuse apache...
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 07:46:56 +0200

 rse@apache.org wrote:

 > [you need to include <ap...@Apache.Org> in the Cc line ]
 > [If you do not include this Cc, your reply may be ig-   ]
 > [nored unless you are responding to an explicit request ]
 > [from a developer.                                      ]
 > [Reply only with text; DO NOT SEND ATTACHMENTS!         ]
 >
 > Synopsis: linking some APXS module with ORACLE libs seems to confuse apache...
 >
 > State-Changed-From-To: open-feedback
 > State-Changed-By: rse
 > State-Changed-When: Sun Aug  2 04:26:26 PDT 1998
 > State-Changed-Why:
 > Let me guess: The ORACLE library is itself a shared
 > library, right? If this is the case perhaps there
 > is a problem under Solaris+GCC-2.8 where the DSO
 > isn't liked correctly against the ORACLE library.
 > Usually ELF-based systems can link a DSO against
 > a shared lib, but only when the compiler and linker
 > work correctly together. Is there no error message
 > in the error_log when loading your DSO? Usually
 > you already should receive on when the  module is loaded...

 it's a shared lib, yes.
 and sorry, no weird mesage in the error_log.

 i could try to use the static ORACLE-Libs - would that be of any help to you?

 regards,
 tc