Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Ebrahim Khalilzadeh <kh...@aut.ac.ir> on 2012/03/11 19:32:57 UTC

[users@httpd] change header fields in reverse proxy mode

Dear users
Hi

For using mod_proxy I studied articles like below:
http://www.apachetutor.org/admin/reverseproxies
I have a problem that I could not find a solution for it. My web application checks referer field of HTTP packet and if referer differ from internal address of my application, it don't send any response to client. I searched for a module like mod_proxy_html that could change HTTP header fields just before mod_proxy. The only module i could find is mod_replace. Is there a better module?

Regards,
Ebrahim Khalilzadeh

Re: Re: [users@httpd] change header fields in reverse proxy mode

Posted by Ebrahim Khalilzadeh <kh...@aut.ac.ir>.
Thanks Daniel

Daniel Ruggeri  wrote:
>                               On 3/11/2012 1:32 PM, Ebrahim Khalilzadeh wrote:    >             Dear users
>             Hi
>
>             For using mod_proxy I studied articles like below:
>             http://www.apachetutor.org/admin/reverseproxies
>             I have a problem that I could not find a solution for it. My            web application checks referer field of HTTP packet and if            referer differ from internal address of my application, it            don't send any response to client. I searched for a module            like mod_proxy_html that could change HTTP header fields            just before mod_proxy. The only module i could find is            mod_replace. Is there a better module?
>
>             Regards,
>             Ebrahim Khalilzadeh
>                 --

    Hello;
       mod_headers can process the incoming headers (add, edit, delete)    prior to them reaching mod_proxy. Use the RequestHeader directive to    make those kinds of changes. Note that there are some headers that    mod_proxy uses (like X-ForwardedFor) that you can not change.

    -- Daniel Ruggeri
  -- This email was Anti Virus checked by Astaro Security Gateway. http://www.astaro.com

Re: [users@httpd] change header fields in reverse proxy mode

Posted by Daniel Ruggeri <DR...@primary.net>.