Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by the mad doctor kaeding <th...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/30 19:41:55 UTC

change UI font size

Does anyone know how to change the size of the font in the UI?
It looks rediculously clownish in 42-point font when everything else
is 12 and 18-pt.  I am attaching a screenshot, if the mailing list
will allow it.

Thank you.

Thomas

Re: change UI font size

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Tools - Options - View

Here you can set some options that will influence the UI:

- "Scaling"
Uses percentile scaling for font size in user interface elements, such
as dialogs and icon labels. The Scaling setting does not affect the font
size of text in a document.

- "Use system font for user interface"
Specifies to use the system font to display all menus and dialogs. Else
another installed font is used.

BTW:
It's not possible to set a specific font and/or size for displaying the
UI in OOo.

HTH

Marcus

RE: change UI font size

Posted by drew <dr...@baseanswers.com>.
On Tue, 2011-08-30 at 13:11 -0700, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
> The mailing list does not take attachments.
>
> I saw a similar report recently.
>
> Could it be that the magnification zoom in the bottom right of the OO.o window has been set too high?  Try moving it to the 100% mark on the slider next to the magnification reading in the corner.
>
> Or are you talking about something apart from the document area?

Howdy Thomas,

My suggestion would be to check the user configuration:

menu choice:

Tools->Options->View

Check the value for User Interface - Scaling

Best wishes,

//drew

RE: change UI font size