Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Dean Roddey <dr...@charmedquark.com> on 2000/07/05 22:15:47 UTC

Re: DTDs

You don't have to have one, but if your file is not in either UTF-8 or
UTF-16, you will have to have one in order to indicate the encoding. The
only way around that is to use an entity resolver and, when you see the DTD
being resolved, return an input source for it that has the encoding forced,
using setEncoding() on the input source.

Dean Roddey
The CIDLib C++ Frameworks
Charmed Quark Software
droddey@charmedquark.com
http://www.charmedquark.com

"You young, and you gotcha health. Whatchoo wanna job fer?"