Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Techy Teck <co...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/06 21:19:39 UTC

CQL Datatype in Cassandra

We are using CQL table like this -

CREATE TABLE testing (
  description text,
  last_modified_date timeuuid,
  employee_id text,
  value text,
  PRIMARY KEY (employee_name, last_modified_date)
)

We have made description as text in the above table. I am thinking is there
any limitations on text data type in CQL such as it can only have certain
number of bytes and after that it will truncate?

Any other limitations that I should be knowing? Should I use blob there?

Re: CQL Datatype in Cassandra

Posted by Jabbar Azam <aj...@gmail.com>.
Forget. The text value can be upto 2GB in size, but in practice it will be
less.

Thanks

Jabbar Azam

Posted by Jabbar Azam <aj...@gmail.com>.