Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org> on 2013/10/09 16:10:06 UTC

Platforms Meet-up @ Waterloo

Working via email is fun, but seeing each other in person is fun too!

I'd like to invite committers / active contributors who are able to join
the Google team for a couple days of work and fun at the Google Waterloo
office!

When: Oct 29th, 30th (Tuesday, Wednesday)
Where: Google Waterloo (http://goo.gl/jI99Fr)
Full Address: 151 Charles Street West, Kitchener, Ontario
What: Working together + dinner and a social activity evening of the 29th

More details:
A lot of focus recently has been on CLI/Plugman, so I wanted this meet-up
to instead focus on *platforms*.

Specifically:
- iOS & Android Roadmaps (other platforms too depending on who's attending)
- Storage locations (CB-285) (oldie but a goldie!)
- Accessibility (both IBM and Adobe have mentioned this recently, not sure
if there's anything to share / report yet)

If you're able to come, please respond to this thread so I can get an idea
of numbers. We'll provide food and a work space, but you'll have to figure
out how to get here. As always, we'll be sure to not make any decisions
without going through the ML.

Andrew

Re: Platforms Meet-up @ Waterloo

Posted by Viras <vi...@users.sourceforge.net>.
I would love to (always curious about faces behind e-mails) - but
Vienna <-> Waterloo is a bit too far for a short trip :).

Best,
Wolfgang

--
GOFG - Get On Fat Guy
http://www.gofg.at/ - powered by Cordova

Re: Platforms Meet-up @ Waterloo

Posted by Bryan Higgins <br...@bryanhiggins.net>.
Great idea. I'll be there!

Posted by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com>.
+1 will be there!

Posted by Michal Mocny <mm...@chromium.org>.
Andrew also mentioned Buffalo airport isn't all too far.

Posted by Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org>.

Posted by Bryan Higgins <bh...@blackberry.com>.
My cell is 416-435-5836. We will be driving in from Toronto.

Posted by Josh Soref <js...@blackberry.com>.
I'm probably attending too...

Re: Platforms Meet-up @ Waterloo

Posted by Jeffrey Heifetz <jh...@blackberry.com>.
I'm not sure if I'll make it for the hacking, but I'm going to try and
make it for the social event.

Posted by Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org>.

Posted by Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org>.
WOOOHOOO!! That's awesome!!!

Posted by Carlos Santana <cs...@gmail.com>.

--
Carlos Santana
<cs...@gmail.com>

Re: Platforms Meet-up @ Waterloo

Posted by Simon MacDonald <si...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Joe Bowser <bo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Michal Mocny <mm...@chromium.org>.
Typically YYZ (Toronto Pearson International Airport), 1 hour drive from
Google Waterloo office down the freeway.

There is a closer, smaller airport in Waterloo Region (YKF?) but it has
very few direct flights.

-Michal

Posted by Carlos Santana <cs...@gmail.com>.

--
Carlos Santana
<cs...@gmail.com>

Re: Platforms Meet-up @ Waterloo

Posted by Michal Mocny <mm...@chromium.org>.

Posted by Carlos Santana <cs...@gmail.com>.

--
Carlos Santana
<cs...@gmail.com>

Re: Platforms Meet-up @ Waterloo

Posted by Ian Clelland <ic...@google.com>.

Posted by Brian LeRoux <b...@brian.io>.
Yes a google hangout and/or recording would be awesome.

Posted by Carlos Santana <cs...@gmail.com>.

--
Carlos Santana
<cs...@gmail.com>