Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by "krkumar24061975@gmail.com" <kr...@gmail.com> on 2020/01/02 17:11:30 UTC

Re: Threads created in Ignite Runtime / JVM

Hi Ilya - The other thread looks like is also ignite, here is the thread dump
reference of the thread

"Thread-687" #2758 daemon prio=5 os_prio=0 tid=0x00007f2afc00d800 nid=0x897f
runnable [0x00007f299bffe000]
   java.lang.Thread.State: RUNNABLE
        at sun.nio.ch.FileDispatcherImpl.pread0(Native Method)
        at sun.nio.ch.FileDispatcherImpl.pread(FileDispatcherImpl.java:52)
        at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.readIntoNativeBuffer(IOUtil.java:220)
        at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.read(IOUtil.java:192)
        at
sun.nio.ch.SimpleAsynchronousFileChannelImpl$2.run(SimpleAsynchronousFileChannelImpl.java:320)
        at
        at
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

and here is the screen shot of the visualvm cpu view of the same thread:
<http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/file/t2578/ignite-thread-image.png>

From the above diagram looks like it's ignite thread and I am curious as to
what exactly this thread is doing ? and where it is being started. ( It
would be a good idea to name the thread pool also). Whenever these threads
kick-in thruput of the ignite writes go down significantly.

Thanx and Regards,
K R Kumar

Re: Threads created in Ignite Runtime / JVM

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

This is just a future signalling its completion after some I/O is done. I'm
not sure if it is related to your issues.

Can you tell us more about your use case & steps leading to slowdown?

Ilya Kasnacheev

чт, 2 янв. 2020 г. в 20:11, krkumar24061975@gmail.com <