Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by André Pereira <de...@gmail.com> on 2020/06/07 13:58:13 UTC

Quickstart

The Quickstart feature is amazing. It makes opening any file blazing fast.
It is unintrusive, it uses only about 40MB of ram, which is almost nothing
nowadays, it works great.
As Libreoffice removed that feature (
https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/54543), OpenOffice is the only
office that still has it.
I would love to contribute to maintain and keep this feature.
I ask what are the thoughts of developers and the plans for the OpenOffice
4.1.8 related to Quickstart.
Best regards.
André.

Re: Quickstart

Posted by Peter Kovacs <pe...@apache.org>.
Hi,

> I am not a developer but can say for sure that it will stay unmodified in 4.1.8 (because it is an upgrade branch, so no features are added or removed, just improved or fixed)
> The plans for 4.2.0 depends on new users/developers ideas and code ;)

Currently there are no plans to change anything in respect of Quick
starter. I see 82 Issues where Quickstarter is mentioned. Also these are
currently not in focus for 4.2.0.

At some point we will have to review the quick starter. And for that
deay it is good to know that there are users who value the tool.

Thanks for the feedback!

Re: Quickstart

Posted by André Pereira <de...@gmail.com>.
Awesome, thanks!