Posted to dev@kylin.apache.org by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org> on 2016/03/01 00:38:35 UTC

Adding Oracle functions to Kylin

What SQL functions are missing from Kylin? I ask because there is a JIRA case in Calcite to add a collection of Oracle-compatible functions, such as DECODE and NVL, to Calcite. Since Kylin embeds Calcite, it will get those functions next time Kylin upgrades Calcite.

If you want some more built-in functions in Calcite, submit a patch that implements one or more of the functions mentioned in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-1066 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-1066>. Or indeed any of your other favorite functions from Oracle, MySQL or Postgres. Now is a good time because Calcite will be making a release in a couple of weeks.

Julian

Re: Adding Oracle functions to Kylin

Posted by hongbin ma <ma...@apache.org>.
I don't recall customer requirements on SQL functions, maybe it's time to
speak out if anyone has

On Tue, Mar 1, 2016 at 8:03 PM, Li Yang <li...@apache.org> wrote:

> Many thanks Julian!
>
> Anyone wants to contribute to Calcite? Now is good opportunity!
>

> On Tue, Mar 1, 2016 at 7:38 AM, Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > What SQL functions are missing from Kylin? I ask because there is a JIRA
> > case in Calcite to add a collection of Oracle-compatible functions, such
> as
> > DECODE and NVL, to Calcite. Since Kylin embeds Calcite, it will get those
> > functions next time Kylin upgrades Calcite.
> >
> > If you want some more built-in functions in Calcite, submit a patch that
> > implements one or more of the functions mentioned in
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-1066 <
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-1066>. Or indeed any of
> > your other favorite functions from Oracle, MySQL or Postgres. Now is a
> good
> > time because Calcite will be making a release in a couple of weeks.
> >
> > Julian

*Bin Mahone | 马洪宾*
Apache Kylin: http://kylin.io
Github: https://github.com/binmahone