Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Alon J Salant <al...@carbonfive.com> on 2005/09/14 23:47:11 UTC

ANN: SsTemplates Spreadsheet Templates for Excel

I am writing to announce the public release of SsTemplates, our solution
for creating Excel documents in Java.

http://carbonfive.sourceforge.net/sstemplates/

SsTemplates builds upon the Jakarta POI/HSSF libraries for writing
Microsoft Office documents by providing a simple XML templating language
for creating Excel documents similar to creating HTML pages with JSP and
CSS.

It differs from the Cocoon HSSF Serializer in its syntax but more
significantly in its support for flow control and inline scripting using
EL.

SsTemplates has significantly increased the utility and ease of use of
HSSF on several projects here at Carbon Five over the last couple years.
Hope it can do the same for you.

Alon
alon at carbonfive.com

Re: ANN: SsTemplates Spreadsheet Templates for Excel

Posted by an...@superlinksoftware.com.
This looks like it would be a great addition to POI itself.