Posted to user@bigtop.apache.org by Evans Ye <ev...@apache.org> on 2015/05/01 21:49:29 UTC

Vote for your favorite ASCII banner for bigtop 1.0

Hi folks,

Let's have a vote to decide which ASCII banner we're going to choose for
bigtop 1.0 (origin from BIGTOP-1777) !!
This should not be a formal vote since it's not technical related.
Therefore everybody should be eligible to vote(including bigtop users).

candidate #1: The bloody letters
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12707699/0001-BIGTOP-1777.-Add-cool-ASCII-art-logo-of-Bigtop-to-th.patch>

candidate #2: The circus
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12724963/0001-BIGTOP-1777.-Add-cool-ASCII-art-logo-of-Bigtop-to-th.patch>

The banner will show up when you input
$ ./gradlew

Just reply your choice here.
I'll leave this open for three days and then do the math in the end.

Evans

Re: Vote for your favorite ASCII banner for bigtop 1.0

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
+1   for #1
+0.5 for #2

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
Wheee! Thanks for getting this in, dude!

    https://twitter.com/c0sin/status/598963958284881921

Cos

Posted by Evans Ye <ev...@apache.org>.
Hi Folks,

Posted by Evans Ye <ev...@apache.org>.

#1: The bloody letters
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12707699/0001-BIGTOP-1777.-Add-cool-ASCII-art-logo-of-Bigtop-to-th.patch>
-
2.5
#2: The circus
#3: christian's proposal  - 2.5

Posted by Evans Ye <ev...@apache.org>.

#1: The bloody letters
#2: The circus
#3: christian's proposal  - 2.5

Posted by Olaf Flebbe <of...@oflebbe.de>.
#2 for sure

Re: Vote for your favorite ASCII banner for bigtop 1.0

Posted by jay vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.
2 for sure. Bloody letters is just too weird

Posted by Andre Arcilla <ar...@apache.org>.
+1 for #1 mostly because it is more compact. And it seems to be a bit more
"intense" i.e. standing apart from the surrounding output.

Posted by Andre Arcilla <ar...@apache.org>.

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.
definitely #2

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.
definitely #2

Posted by Bob Metelsky <bo...@gmail.com>.
# 2

Posted by Evans Ye <ev...@apache.org>.
I vote for #2.

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
+1   for #1

Posted by Sean Mackrory <ma...@gmail.com>.
I'd vote for #2. I'm also a big fan of the first one Christian submitted:
http://patorjk.com/software/taag/#p=display&f=Small&t=Apache%20BigTop

Posted by Sean Mackrory <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Evans Ye <ev...@apache.org>.

Posted by Evans Ye <ev...@apache.org>.

Posted by Bob <bo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christian Tzolov <ch...@gmail.com>.
Are those the only available options?

#1 (the bloody style) is bit unreadable while #2 is bloated. Personally i

Posted by 김영우 <wa...@gmail.com>.
# 2

Posted by Evans Ye <ev...@apache.org>.
I vote for #2.

Posted by Olaf Flebbe <of...@oflebbe.de>.
#2 for sure

Re: Vote for your favorite ASCII banner for bigtop 1.0

Posted by 김영우 <wa...@gmail.com>.
# 2