Posted to dev@etch.apache.org by "Youngjin Park (youngjpa)" <yo...@cisco.com> on 2011/08/18 18:59:53 UTC

Extern type in Etch

Hi, I need to send Java type in Etch like this.

                @Direction( Both ) @AsyncReceiver( Queued )

                void sendMessage( TestClass msg ) throws Failure

As you see, we have  a custom Java class "TestClass". I believe that we
can do this with @Extern in Etch. Do you have any example for this?

Is a derived java class also supported in Etch?

Thanks in advance.

Youngjin

Re: Extern type in Etch

Posted by Scott Comer <we...@mac.com>.
there are examples and tests of extern in the source codes. grep is your friend. and eclipse is really good at searching "*.etch, *.etchinc" for "@Extern".

derived classes are not supported. you have to have an extern declaration for each concrete type. etch is not an object connector, it is a data connector.

scott out