Posted to users@maven.apache.org by MH <ma...@hotmail.co.uk> on 2012/02/23 21:37:17 UTC

POM missing in Maven

I have two functioning Maven builds. When using Maven to install a copy of Apache Synapse I get the following message amongst several regarding build failure:

[Error] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven .plugins:maven-remote-resources-plugin:1.1:process (default) on project Apache-Synapse: Error finding remote resources manifests: c:\ASF\synapse-2.1.0-src\target\maven-shared-archive-resources\META-INF\Notice (The system cannot find the path specified) This path is missing in the directory structure.

The reactor summary shows failure from initialisation before any modules are installed.

Installing using the command :\mvn –X clean install yields the same with the possibility of a MojoExecutionException.

This is over a windows 7 install and I intend to install the same over Ubuntu after resolving these issues.

I checked the POM installed in the Maven directory and it is missing, re-installed Maven and discovered the same. The POM according to the wiki is failing to update dependencies.

Is there anything I can do?

I also have a windows version of  Subversion installed and Axis 2 with Tomcat in Eclipse.

Martin

Re: POM missing in Maven

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> A POM is evident in the Synapse directory, Maven functions on the command
> line. The directory path does not exist. Is this because Maven is not
> completing the install?

I see nothing in the Apache Synapse documentation regarding installing
their product about using Maven to do anything:
http://synapse.apache.org/userguide/installation.html

> If these are basic questions, sorry, I am just trying to get to the bottom
> of it really.

Again, ask for help with this on the Apache Synapse list. Their
developers can "get to the bottom of it" much more quickly than you
will.

Wayne

RE: POM missing in Maven

Posted by "Lyons, Roy" <Ro...@cmegroup.com>.
What he is trying to point out is that the missing pom didn’t fail the build.  It couldn’t find the file you pasted -- that’s the problem in a nutshell.  Its an issue with their build setup most likely, and not with maven itself.

OK. Should the POM for Maven be in the Maven directory? The reason I ask it that it seems to be Mavens attempts to resolve dependencies when  the error occurs because of a missing POM.

A POM is evident in the Synapse directory, Maven functions on the command line. The directory path does not exist. Is this because Maven is not completing the install?

If these are basic questions, sorry, I am just trying to get to the bottom of it really.

> I have two functioning Maven builds. When using Maven to install a
> copy of Apache Synapse I get the following message amongst several
> regarding build
> failure:
>
> [Error] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven .plugins:maven-remote-
> resources-plugin:1.1:process (default) on project Apache-Synapse:
> Error finding remote resources manifests:
> c:\ASF\synapse-2.1.0-src\target\maven-shared-
> archive-resources\META-INF\Notice (The system cannot find the path
> specified)
> This path is missing in the directory structure.

I would ask for help with this issue on the Apache Synapse developers or users list. They are more familiar with that product's build process than we are.

Wayne

Re: POM missing in Maven

Re: POM missing in Maven

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.