Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org> on 2007/05/23 03:28:41 UTC

Requiring a specific version of maven to build a project?

Hi,

Just wondering if there is a POM directive that I can use to enforce the use
of a
specific version of maven for it's modules to be built.  Over at Apache
Directory
we have run into situations where users are trying to build old tagged
releases
with versions of maven that do not build properly. My aim is to make sure a
specific
maven version is enforced for the build.

Thanks,
Alex

RE: Requiring a specific version of maven to build a project?

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.
Maven-enforcer-plugin. The discussions where on the dev list, if you search for the votes on the enforcer plugin, there are some nabble links to the discussions.

Posted by Roland Asmann <Ro...@cfc.at>.

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Roland Asmann <Ro...@cfc.at>.
I just found it:
http://maven.apache.org/ref/current/maven-model/maven.html#class_prerequisites

It is the MINIMUM version of maven that is required... But it's better than
nothing I suppose...

Posted by Roland Asmann <Ro...@cfc.at>.

Posted by Henry Isidro <hi...@exist.com>.

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
Alex Karasulu ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> Just wondering if there is a POM directive that I can use to enforce the
> use
> of a
> specific version of maven for it's modules to be built.  Over at Apache
> Directory
> we have run into situations where users are trying to build old tagged
> releases
> with versions of maven that do not build properly. My aim is to make sure a
> specific
> maven version is enforced for the build.
>
> Thanks,
> Alex

I hope you was looking for this:

<project>