Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Jean-Paul Natola <jn...@familycareintl.org> on 2009/04/24 15:56:35 UTC

3.2.5 upgrade - getting clobbered

Hi all I just upgraded to 3.2.5  and I went from receiving about 2 spams a
day to about 15

Did I over look something?

Jean-Paul

Re: 3.2.5 upgrade - getting clobbered

Posted by Joe Kletch <li...@kletch.com>.
On Apr 24, 2009, at 11:34 AM, Mark Martinec wrote:

> Jean-Paul,
>
>> I have freebsd running exim clam and sa  sitewide config-
>> I upgraded from 3.1.8 if memeory serves-
>
>> So I installed the URI perl module tried to run sa-update and it
>> tell me
>> that Im missing the IO/Zlib module-  but when I go to install it,
>> it tells
>> me the io/zlib is already installed
>>
>> I'm a bit confused- any help would be greatly appreciated
>
> Possibly caused by a recent upgrade of Perl on FreeBSD ports
> (to 5.8.9, and also 5.10.0 was made available - I'd recommend
> 5.10.0 (lang/perl5.10), the 5.8.9 brought in some ugly problems).
>
> If perl was indeed upgraded recently on your system, I'd suggest
> removing all p5-* ports and reinstalling SpamAssassin from ports,
> which will bring in all required dependencies and install them
> in the correct perl lib subdirectory. Something like:
>
> update your ports (e.g. csup /etc/cvsup/ports; make fetchindex)
> pkg_delete -f 'p5-*'
> portinstall -R mail/p5-Mail-SpamAssassin
>
>  Mark

If perl was upgrade on freebsd run 'perl-after-upgrade' to fix things
up. I have notes from three recent upgrades if someone needs them.

Joe

RE: 3.2.5 upgrade - getting clobbered

Posted by Jean-Paul Natola <jn...@familycareintl.org>.
Thanks that did the trick- removed ALL Perl mods  and reinstalled exim and sa

Greatly appreciated

I tried to fetchindex  but it failed with

make: don't know how to make fetchindex.

Posted by Jean-Paul Natola <jn...@familycareintl.org>.

Posted by Mark Martinec <Ma...@ijs.si>.
Jean-Paul,

Posted by Jean-Paul Natola <jn...@familycareintl.org>.
I have freebsd running exim clam and sa  sitewide config-
I upgraded from 3.1.8 if memeory serves-

Everything installed from ports via cli

Posted by Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>.

Posted by Jean-Paul Natola <jn...@familycareintl.org>.
On 24.04.09 09:56, Jean-Paul Natola wrote:
> Hi all I just upgraded to 3.2.5  and I went from receiving about 2 spams a
> day to about 15
>
> Did I over look something?

>Did you configure your modules and configs the same way as before?
>Did you sa-update (and reload spamd) after installation?
>--
>Matus UHLAR - fantomas, uhlar@fantomas.sk ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
>Warning: I wish NOT to receive e-mail advertising to this address.
>Varovanie: na tuto adresu chcem NEDOSTAVAT akukolvek reklamnu postu.
>Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

HMMMMM  never seen this before
sa-update
Can't locate URI.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.9 /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.9/BSDPAN
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.9/mach /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.9/mach
/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.9) at (eval 13) line 3.
Compilation failed in require at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.9/HTTP/Request.pm line 3.
Compilation failed in require at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.9/LWP/UserAgent.pm line 10.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.9/LWP/UserAgent.pm line 10.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/bin/sa-update line 76.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/bin/sa-update line 76.

Re: 3.2.5 upgrade - getting clobbered

Posted by Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>.

Posted by Karsten Bräckelmann <gu...@rudersport.de>.
On Fri, 2009-04-24 at 09:56 -0400, Jean-Paul Natola wrote:
> Hi all I just upgraded to 3.2.5  and I went from receiving about 2 spams a
> day to about 15

Assuming these are FNs...

> Did I over look something?

What was your previous version? Did you inherit your configuration, say,
from 3.1.x? Did you read the upgrade notes?

Sounds like a broken configuration to me. Network tests enabled, etc?

As usual, we can not point out issues if you don't provide any evidence.
A link to a sample or two, uploaded somewhere, would be useful to
identify which rules are missing.