Posted to dev@abdera.apache.org by Jim Ancona <ji...@anconafamily.com> on 2008/06/06 23:38:09 UTC

Default status for unimplemented methods

Most of the unimplemented cases in AbstractProvider and
AbstractCollectionAdapter call ProviderHelper.notsupported(), which
returns an HTTP status of 415 - Media type not supported. So an HTTP PUT
or DELETE on a collection URI, or a POST to an Entry URI returns 415. It
seems to me that something like 405 Method not allowed would be clearer.

Thoughts? If there's consensus on this, I'll log a bug and submit a patch.

Jim

Re: Default status for unimplemented methods

Posted by Dan Diephouse <da...@mulesource.com>.
Definitely sounds like 405 is more appropriate to me!
Dan

--
Dan Diephouse

Re: Default status for unimplemented methods

Posted by Chris Berry <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by James M Snell <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hmmm. definitely sounds like a bug. It should be 405.

- James