Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Ravil Galeyev <rg...@gmail.com> on 2020/05/25 11:36:31 UTC

[MNG-6802] Pull Request review

*TL;DR* please, look at my PR, what else can I do to make the fix accepted?

Dear Maven developers!

I came across the issue
<https://github.com/mojohaus/flatten-maven-plugin/issues/57> in flatten
plugin which prevents my team to use it.
I submitted a fix (PR-152
<https://github.com/mojohaus/flatten-maven-plugin/pull/152>) but it wasn't
reviewed yet.
(if there are flatten plugin developers here, guys, please, take a look).

But if you look deeper, the actual problem in flatten is the bug MNG-6802
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-6802> in Maven.
I fixed (PR-347 <https://github.com/apache/maven/pull/347>) it and I'd like
to ask you to take a look at it.

There are comments from two different people, who also need this fix.
One of them - @glimmerveen even submitted hir own fix(PR-348
<https://github.com/apache/maven/pull/348>).

That encouraged me to write to the devlist and ask about attention.
It looks like not only I want the issue to be resolved.

Can somebody look at my PRs? What else can I do to make the bug fixed?

Best regards,
Ravil

Re: [MNG-6802] Pull Request review

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.
Please have some patience, we get more emails and PRs.
Especially those that touch Maven Core deserves extra caution.
I want to understand the complete problem and why it is an issue after ~15 years.

thanks,
Robert

On 11-6-2020 00:20:25, Ravil Galeyev <rg...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear Maven developers,

It looks like my PR-347 stuck in
the middle, and I didn't get any feedback for the last two weeks.
It's a bit unclear are you waiting for something from me or you just didn't
have a chance to look at it?

@elharo @rfscholte @slachiewicz can we proceed?

Best regards,
Ravil