Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Derek Westfall <dw...@TradelineInc.com> on 2005/07/26 18:53:34 UTC

Analyzer or QueryParser problem?

I am working on a business directory app.

As you would expect, some companies have unusual names.

My first problem is the company with title: "GM:Systems"

I indexed the title field as a text field with the English
standardAnalyzer. Searching on "GM Systems" will turn it up, but
searching on "GM:Systems" or "GMSystems" will not. Since I'm using the
same analyzer for indexing and for searching, on the same text,
shouldn't it turn up? I'm searching using the MultiFieldQueryParser.

Any input appreciated, as always. :)

Derek

Re: Analyzer or QueryParser problem?

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
You can use Luke to see what got indexed.  This will tell you what the
Analyzer did.
You can then use QueryParser from the command line (it's got a main
method), give it your input, and see what it returns.  This will tell
you what QueryParser+Analyzer did.  Oh, you use MFQP.  It may have a
main method, too, I'd have to check... To simplify, try getting it
working with the regular QueryParser first.

Otis