Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Violeta Gotcheva <vg...@lle.rochester.edu> on 2008/11/11 14:37:22 UTC

undefined symbol dbopen for BerkeleyDB.4.7

  I have to compile apr-util with support for BerkeleyDB on Solaris 10
(sparc). Unfortunately, apr-util configure script fails with the
error "undefined symbol dbopen" . I checked the symbols in libdb and
dbopen is not defined but there is db_open. What am I missing?

These are the software versions that I am using:
  apr-util-1.3.4
  apr-1.3.3
  db-4.7.25

-Violeta

Re: undefined symbol dbopen for BerkeleyDB.4.7

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com>.
On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 09:37:22 -0400
"Violeta Gotcheva" <vg...@lle.rochester.edu> wrote:

>   I have to compile apr-util with support for BerkeleyDB on Solaris 10
> (sparc). Unfortunately, apr-util configure script fails with the
> error "undefined symbol dbopen" . I checked the symbols in libdb and
> dbopen is not defined but there is db_open. What am I missing?

Looks like your apr-util is compiled against one db version,
but is trying to load runtime libraries from another.
dbopen() comes from Berkeley DB 1.x, which is likely to be
installed for the benefit of things like sendmail.

> These are the software versions that I am using:
>   apr-util-1.3.4
>   apr-1.3.3
>   db-4.7.25

Is that what ldd tells you?  If you have BDB 1.x installed,
adjust your library path to load it first.

--
Nick Kew

http://www.apachetutor.org/