Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by footh <fo...@yahoo.com> on 2007/02/07 19:12:36 UTC

Unique XSL transform error that only occurs with Cocoon and Java 1.5

I am using this identity transformation under Cocoon
2.1.9 and Java 1.5:

  <xsl:template match="*">
   <xsl:element name="{name()}"
namespace="{namespace-uri()}">
     <xsl:apply-templates select="@*|node()" />
   </xsl:element>
  </xsl:template>
  <xsl:template match="@*">
    <xsl:attribute name="{name()}"
namespace="{namespace-uri()}">
     <xsl:value-of select="." />
    </xsl:attribute>
  </xsl:template>

The template is designed to remove namespaces.
Anyway, under Java 1.4, everything works fine.
However, when I switched to Java 1.5, I receive a
TransformerException.

I have verified that the template works fine with Java
1.5 and the xalan transformation engine.  For some
reason, when Cocoon is involved, the error occurs.

Does anyone have any suggestions about where I would
start looking to figure out what is going on?  Can
anyone with a similar environment run this template to
verify they have the same problem?

Regards,

JF

RE: Unique XSL transform error that only occurs with Cocoon and Java 1.5

Posted by footh <fo...@yahoo.com>.
Geert, I think I have solved the problem.

When you asked me for the minimal example, I realized
that I had never done that.  I figured that my XSLs
weren't too complicated so there was no need to reduce
it to bare minimum.

So, I created a very simple example, and it worked!  I
then started adding more and more until I figured out
what was causing the error.

Turns out, I was including a third-party XSL to do
some stuff and there was this line at the top:

<xsl:output method="html" omit-xml-declaration="yes"
indent="no"/>

Simply removing this line got rid of the error.  Why
it caused the exception at that particular part of the
identity template, I don't know, but I'm glad the
issue is resolved.

Thanks for you help,

JF

=== message truncated ===

RE: Unique XSL transform error that only occurs with Cocoon and Java 1.5

Posted by Geert Josten <ge...@daidalos.nl>.

Posted by footh <fo...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Geert Josten <ge...@daidalos.nl>.

Posted by Geert Josten <ge...@daidalos.nl>.
The expression is not necessarily correct actually, but that depends on
context and content..

:-)

For instance:

<xsl:copy>
  <newelem />
  <xsl:apply-templates select="@*" />
</xsl:copy>

is not valid, but is likely to cause only errors when the current
element has attributes..

Posted by footh <fo...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.