Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr> on 2013/06/19 00:11:55 UTC

dist tooling

Thanks to Eric, we now have a tool to check dist content

And I just added it to our Jenkins instance, to build once a day: you can look
at the result [1]
I just had to remove the preview of site, since Firefox isn't available on the
CI server (or not able to start in headless mode)

Any feedback?

Regards,

Hervé

[1] https://builds.apache.org/view/M-R/view/Maven/job/dist-tool-plugin/ws/target/site/index.html

Re: dist tooling

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.
Le jeudi 20 juin 2013 21:50:06 Robert Scholte a écrit :
> If the intention for this plugin is to let run standalone on a CI-Server,
> then that's good enough for me.
> The plugin doesn't use org.apache.maven.plugins as groupId, so it'll be a
> bit harder to be found by the general user, which is good.
>
> I can image that this tool could be interesting for any large project with
> staging. So some parts need to be more generic.
yes, it is written in the "About" page as
"Notice that this plugin is actually intended for Maven itself only: if
interest is expressed to use it in other context, it would require more
configurations."

but we kept the tool intentionally as simple as possible for the moment: KISS

> With less hardcoded values it is also easier to make proper tests.
yes, and should be simpler than making the tool usable outside Maven project

Regards,

Hervé

Re: dist tooling

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.