Posted to users@marmotta.apache.org by Gil Ayala <ab...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/05 10:07:01 UTC

Help a beginner

I’m a beginner user, so I need help to install Marmotta:
1. I actually bought a server service in hostpapa.com
2. I don’t know how to start.
I mean, I’m reading in the installation guide that I need to install Java SDK and Tomcat, so do you know a beginners guide step by step?
Because I don’t even how to install Java in a commercial server.

Re: Help a beginner

Posted by Jakob Frank <ja...@apache.org>.
Hi Gil,

using a public server is not a recommended way of "getting started",
especially if you are not familiar with server administration.

I'd suggest you start with the Marmotta Installer [1] on your local
machine, and once you have everything in place deploy to a public server.

Best,
Jakob

[1] http://marmotta.apache.org/download.html#a3.3.0