Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Dion Gillard <di...@gmail.com> on 2005/11/15 00:22:13 UTC

Re: [all] Website enhancements [was Release Validator 1.2.0]

Do these reports in Maven provide a way of specifying a custom template?

That would be preferable, since the maven default sucks.

Bernard Shaw

Re: [all] Website enhancements [was Release Validator 1.2.0]

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
Dion Gillard wrote:
> On 11/15/05, Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>>Feel free to submit improvements to the original Maven templates as
>>well. I think Dion just volunteered to commit them, right? :)
>

> Me, commit on Maven? I'm not a committer.

I thought you still had commit on maven-1. My mistake.

>>I think someone had on their queue to backport the Maven 2.0 versions:
>>http://maven.apache.org/source-repository.html
>>http://maven.apache.org/issue-tracking.html
>>http://maven.apache.org/mail-lists.html
>>
>>It would be good to apply some of these improvements to those too.
>

> I'll have a look at the 1.x process and see if they can be improved by
> default, in comparison to the 2.0 stuff, but a lot of the information
> in the templates Stephen has produced are not available in the pom,
> e.g. the open/closed/all bugs links.

Yes, we do have an issueManagement section in 2.0 that could house that
information though it has not yet been utilised. And obviously that
doesn't help in this instance either.

- Brett

Re: [all] Website enhancements [was Release Validator 1.2.0]

Posted by Dion Gillard <di...@gmail.com>.
On 11/15/05, Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> wrote:
> Feel free to submit improvements to the original Maven templates as
> well. I think Dion just volunteered to commit them, right? :)

Me, commit on Maven? I'm not a committer.

> I think someone had on their queue to backport the Maven 2.0 versions:
> http://maven.apache.org/source-repository.html
> http://maven.apache.org/issue-tracking.html
> http://maven.apache.org/mail-lists.html
>
> It would be good to apply some of these improvements to those too.

I'll have a look at the 1.x process and see if they can be improved by
default, in comparison to the 2.0 stuff, but a lot of the information
in the templates Stephen has produced are not available in the pom,
e.g. the open/closed/all bugs links.

> - Brett
>
> Stephen Colebourne wrote:
> > Dion Gillard wrote:
> >
> >> Do these reports in Maven provide a way of specifying a custom template?
> >>
> >> That would be preferable, since the maven default sucks.
> >

> > All I did was create xdocs .xml files with the correct name. Maven then
> > uses those. Feel free to copy from [io], or perhaps [validator] since
> > Niall/[math] seems to have improved on the issue tracking :-)
> >
> > Stephen

Bernard Shaw

Re: [all] Website enhancements [was Release Validator 1.2.0]

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.

Posted by Stephen Colebourne <sc...@btopenworld.com>.