Posted to dev@atlas.apache.org by Venkata R Madugundu <ve...@in.ibm.com> on 2016/04/01 11:24:49 UTC

Re: [PROPOSAL] Java/Scala API on top of the REST API ?

Here is the Swagger JIRA - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ATLAS-328
By the way, per my last observation, the Atlas REST documentation is a bit
dated. To keep it really upto date, generating a Swagger driven
documentation which builds off the Java REST API definition will always
keep it in sync. For now, to know the exact REST end point, I have only
been consulting the Atlas code (java REST resources like
TypesResource.java, EntityResource.java, MetadataDiscoveryResource.java,
HiveLineageResource.java etc.,)

To see what all clients Swagger can generate, go to
http://editor.swagger.io/#/  and click on the menu "Generate Client" on the
very top. It shows you 30 odd languages in which a client can be generated,
and Java/Scala/Python/Javascript are few among them.

Thanks
Venkat

From:	Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>
To:	dev@atlas.incubator.apache.org
Date:	31/03/16 08:39 PM
Subject:	Re: [PROPOSAL] Java/Scala API on top of the REST API ?

Hi Venkata,

tanks, I missed this when taking a look on the code.

I will test the integration then, and I will work on the Swagger
integration. I don't find a Jira about that, should I create one ?

Thanks !
Regards
JB

--