Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by ldebello <lu...@hotmail.com> on 2019/05/21 18:24:48 UTC

Help for creating a test case for reproducing an issue

Hi guys,

I am posting this message again because it seems it didnt get publish. The
following scenario does not work in Artemis 2.7.0 but it works in Artemis
2.6.3 so my idea was to create a test in Artemis 2.6.3 to understand how
this works and then fix the same test in Artemis 2.7.0

Scenario:
Server 1:
Get Messages to x and diverts to y. Then has a bridge from y to z in Server
2.

Server 2:
Create a cluster with Server 3.

Server 3:
Cluster with Server 2.

Send a AMQP message to Server 1 and get the message from Server 3. The test
works if I got the message from Server 2 but I am not able to get it from
Server 3.

https://gist.github.com/ldebello/e822d943b19c652d442a0b103e97858d
<https://gist.github.com/ldebello/e822d943b19c652d442a0b103e97858d>

Best regards,
Luis

Re: Help for creating a test case for reproducing an issue

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.
I tried running your test and it failed on both branches.. 2.6.3 and 2.7.0

my suggestion since you got it working, why don't you try a git bisect?

My suspecious is that there were some changes on AMQP over Bridge
where we started embedding a message before it's sent over clustering.
We used to send a message converted to core, and then convert it back
as AMQP.

that would probably break your scenario since you are dealing with
this after conversion.

If that's the case the fix is probably look at the interceptors before
the embed call on the Core Bridge.

but since I couldnt' run your test I couldn't do much with it.

Can you make the test operational? I would suggest a branch on your
fork as a better choice than gist. Send your branch here. (I know the
links won't work in the future, but it would be better for me to look
at your test).

--
Clebert Suconic

Re: Help for creating a test case for reproducing an issue

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.