Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by "Puri, Aseem" <As...@Honeywell.com> on 2009/05/21 07:39:00 UTC

More replication of map reduce output

Hi

            I have running a map reduce program on two node. My DFS
replication factor is one. Al files for input have one replication but
the output from reduce always have replication 3. Can anyone please tell
why it is so?

Thanks & Regards

Aseem Puri

RE: More replication of map reduce output

Posted by "Puri, Aseem" <As...@Honeywell.com>.
Yes I hav mark it as final. Now one more exception arises, my map reduce
program for word count is throwing exception.

09/05/21 11:31:37 WARN mapred.JobClient: Use GenericOptionsParser for
parsing the arguments. Applications should implement Tool for the same.
09/05/21 11:31:37 INFO hdfs.DFSClient:
org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException: java.io.IOException: File
/hadoop/mapred/system/job_200905211117_0003/job.jar could only be
replicated to 0 nodes, instead of 1
	at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.getAdditionalBlock(F
SNamesystem.java:1280)
	at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.addBlock(NameNode.java:3
51)
	at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor11.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at
Impl.java:25)
	at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler.run(Server.java:894)

	at $Proxy0.addBlock(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.apache.hadoop.io.retry.RetryInvocationHandler.invokeMethod(RetryInvo
cationHandler.java:82)
	at
org.apache.hadoop.io.retry.RetryInvocationHandler.invoke(RetryInvocation
Handler.java:59)
	at $Proxy0.addBlock(Unknown Source)
	at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient$DFSOutputStream.locateFollowingBlock(DF
SClient.java:2814)
	at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient$DFSOutputStream.nextBlockOutputStream(D
FSClient.java:2696)
	at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient$DFSOutputStream.access$2000(DFSClient.j
ava:1996)
	at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient$DFSOutputStream$DataStreamer.run(DFSCli
ent.java:2183)

09/05/21 11:31:37 WARN hdfs.DFSClient: NotReplicatedYetException
sleeping /hadoop/mapred/system/job_200905211117_0003/job.jar retries
left 4

On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 11:16:59AM +0530, Puri, Aseem wrote:
> I mean when my reduce tasks is set 1 part-00000 filw shows replication
facor as 3. But I set replication factor as 1 in hadoop-site.xml

Did you mark the replication factor configuration option as "final"?
e.g.:

    <property>
      <name>dfs.replication</name>
      <value>1</value>
      <final>true</final>
    </property>

-mct

Re: More replication of map reduce output

Posted by "Michael C. Toren" <mc...@toren.net>.

Posted by "Puri, Aseem" <As...@Honeywell.com>.
I mean when my reduce tasks is set 1 part-00000 filw shows replication facor as 3. But I set replication factor as 1 in hadoop-site.xml

Do you mean the three files such as, part-00000? If so, you can set
the number of reduce tasks as 1.

edwardyoon@apache.org
http://blog.udanax.org

Re: More replication of map reduce output

Posted by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org>.

edwardyoon@apache.org
http://blog.udanax.org