Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by infiniter <in...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/05 01:37:12 UTC

BookmarkableLinks and masked urls

The problem is that we have a brand new Wicket app, but we have a bunch of
legacy urls that point to different sub domains that the business wants to
preserve. So when the web server sees one of those urls there is a
redirection to the app and that url is preserved, but in the app we have our
own mounts.

Some of those urls could look like:
http://www.sub1.abc.net/param1/param2
http://www.sub2.abc.net/something/param1

Basically my links should point to the legacy urls and I can keep the way
the page parameters are added.

For the mean time I have created a factory that can return external and
bookmarkable links depending on the class name, but I cannot take advantage
of the url coding strategies already available for a specific page.

I would like to go something like:

BookmarkableMaskedPageLink link = new BookmarkableMaskedPageLink("link",
MyPage.class, params);

and I guess the url coding strategy could look like:

        MaskedUrlDecoratorStrategy mamboJamboCS =
                new MaskedUrlDecoratorStrategy(
                        "http://www.sub2.abc.net/something"
                        MixedParamUrlCodingStrategy(
                        "mambojambo",
                        MyPage.class,
                        new String[]{"param1", "param2"}));

Re: BookmarkableLinks and masked urls

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Since the app is new I'd suggest to use Wicket 1.5.6+ or 6.0+.
1.4.x branch is in maintainance mode and will receive only security
related fixes.

On Sat, May 5, 2012 at 3:59 AM, infiniter <in...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think I've done it.
> I created a MaskedUrlCodingStrategyDecorator that extends from
> BookmarkablePageRequestTargetUrlCodingStrategy, placed it in the same
> package, and overrode CharSequence encode(IRequestTarget requestTarget), and
> used a regular BookmarkablePageLink

Martin Grigorov
jWeekend
Training, Consulting, Development