Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jamie Jackson <ja...@gmail.com> on 2016/11/21 16:54:03 UTC

Scheduling Data Import Handler (DIH) Delta Imports

Hi Folks,

I have DIH cores that are being indexed by my Lucee application. That
works, but I'd like to make some improvements:

   - Make a standalone scheduler that's not part of a larger application.
   (FYI, I want to Dockerize the import-triggering service.)
   - Prevent import requests from stacking up. Some of my cores' delta
   imports run every 15 seconds, and they do so blindly/ignorantly. If there
   is contention, very occasionally, import jobs will run long and stack up,
   so I want to make the scheduler nicer/more intelligent. Maybe the service
   would check the import status to see if there's a job already running
   before requesting a new one.

I can write such a thing myself, but does anybody have a Linux or
cross-platform solution written already?

Thanks,
Jamie

Re: Scheduling Data Import Handler (DIH) Delta Imports

Posted by Walter Underwood <wu...@wunderwood.org>.
First, try to do it with something like Apache Camel. That moves the whole
database import process outside of Solr where it can be more easily controlled.

http://camel.apache.org/ <http://camel.apache.org/>

wunder
Walter Underwood
wunder@wunderwood.org