Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Sann, Stephan" <SS...@bhw.de> on 2002/06/17 11:58:32 UTC

Using the value of a request-parameter for the attribute of a custom tag

Hello List,

here is another newbie-question, so please bear with me again.
I searched the web for tree hours now and I didn't find the
key to the solution.

I'm trying to use the value of an request-parameter for the
attribute of a custom tag (<rtexprvalue>true</rtexprvalue>).
I know how to manage it with a scriptlet:

<mytaglib:atag coolattribute="<%= request.getParameter("thevalueforthecoolattribute") %>"/>

But using scriptlets is not what we want any more - we want to
use taglibs!

So I thougt if this works:

<bean:parameter id="thevalueforthecoolattribute" name="thevalueforthecoolattribute"/>
<bean:write name="thevalueforthecoolattribute"/>

this should work too:

<mytaglib:atag coolattribute="<bean:parameter id="thevalueforthecoolattribute"
name="thevalueforthecoolattribute"/><bean:write name="thevalueforthecoolattribute"/>"/>

Unfortunately not!

Any ideas, workarounds, tips?

Thanx a lot!!!

Best regards
Stephan

Re: Using the value of a request-parameter for the attribute of a custom tag

Posted by Slava_L <lo...@esstu.ru>.
so what's the problem ?

<bean:parameter id="pageName" name="paramName" value='default'/>
<mytaglib:atag coolattribute='<bean:write name="pageName"/>'/>

and USE NESTED quotation marks i.e..  " ' ' " and vice versa ' " " '

[...]

For additional commands, e-mail:
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>