Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by ankitR <ju...@yahoo.co.in> on 2010/08/03 11:56:46 UTC

Doubts Regarding Http Cache Manager

Hi,

I have used Http Cache Manager in my test plan to simulate the effect of
browser cache. However I notice
that Jmeter still gives me load time for the cached requests although the
response size is 0 bytes. Shouldn't the load time be 0 too, as for the
cached requests Jmeter is not fetching them from the server?

Thanks

Re: Doubts Regarding Http Cache Manager

Posted by ankitR <ju...@yahoo.co.in>.
Hi Felix,

Thanks for the help. I checked the response headers in the request tab and
they are as you suggested.
I also noticed that in all my cached requests the Latency time = Load time.
I guess this confirms the explanation.
Thanks again.

Re: Doubts Regarding Http Cache Manager

Posted by Felix Frank <ff...@mpexnet.de>.
Hi,

all www clients (including Jmeter) do need to send a request and wait
for a response. For cached elements, the client generates additional
headers. If caching works fine, the response code should be 304 Not
Changed or somesuch.

In the View Results Tree listener, the response codes should reflect
that behavior. Also check the "request" tab for the "If-Modified-Since"
headers and "If-None-Match" headers. These indicate to the server that
the browser has cached the item in question.

Cheers,
Felix