Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ch Praveena <ps...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/19 14:48:05 UTC

Problem when running JSP

Hi all,

           I have run a very basic helloworld program. But, when I am
accessing the jsp file, I am getting the following exception stack trace.

javax.servlet.ServletException: java.lang.VerifyError: (class:
org/apache/jasper/runtime/JspApplicationContextImpl, method:
createELResolver signature: ()Ljavax/el/ELResolver;) Incompatible
argument to function
	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:273)
	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)
	org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:96)

*root cause*

java.lang.VerifyError: (class:
org/apache/jasper/runtime/JspApplicationContextImpl, method:
createELResolver signature: ()Ljavax/el/ELResolver;) Incompatible
argument to function
	org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspFactoryImpl.getJspApplicationContext(JspFactoryImpl.java:199)
	org.apache.jsp.hello_jsp._jspInit(hello_jsp.java:22)
	org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.init(HttpJspBase.java:52)
	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.getServlet(JspServletWrapper.java:158)
	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:328)
	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:336)
	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:265)
	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)
	org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:96)

*note*

Please let me know the reason why is my JSP container is getting inactive
many times... while the servlets are running perfectly!! I am facing the
similar problem when running from eclipse too..
--

-Coolest Regards,

Praveena Chalamcharla,

Re: Problem when running JSP