Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "Soysal, Aykut" <ay...@logica.com> on 2011/05/04 16:41:23 UTC

JMS with large files

Hi,

I am trying to load test my ActiveMQ 5.5.0 with JMeter 2.4 with large
files (not that large but I tried with 8 and 24 MB)

I setup two Thread Groups (one with a single publisher, the other with a
single subscriber)

In my test case I need to test 6 messages per minute, so I set number of
threads (users) to 60 and Ramp-up to 600 since I want to run the test
longer than a minute.

(maybe my setup is not right for what I am trying to accomplish)

So after a while I get the out of memory error. It seems that the text
file is loaded every time and they all piled up in the memory.

I tried to turn off listeners but still I get the same error.

I searched the mailing list but I couldn't find anything specific for
this.

It would be great if someone lead me to the correct path

Thanks,

Aykut Soysal

Think green - keep it on the screen.

Re: JMS with large files

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
2011/5/9 Soysal, Aykut <ay...@logica.com>:
> Hi,
> I change my setup as you suggested, so I have now 1 user with 100 requests,

OK, so fewer concurrent threads means lower maximum memory size.

> reading randomly from a number of files in a folder without any memory problems.
> And I am using Constant Throughput Timer to adjust the message per minute.
>
> Thank you,

Thanks for letting us know how the problem has been sorted.

RE: JMS with large files

Re: JMS with large files

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.