Posted to user@flink.apache.org by dhanesh arole <da...@gmail.com> on 2019/10/18 04:31:48 UTC

Flink cluster on k8s with rocksdb state backend

Hello all,

I am trying to provision a Flink cluster on k8s. Some of the jobs in our
existing cluster use RocksDB state backend. I wanted to take a look at the
Flink helm chart or deployment manifests that provision task managers with
dynamic PV and how they manage it. We are running on kops managed k8s
cluster on AWS (!EKS). Also, some pointers on expected pain points,
surprises, monitoring strategies would be really helpful.

Thanks & Regards
-
Dhanesh

Re: Flink cluster on k8s with rocksdb state backend

Posted by Steven Nelson <sn...@sourceallies.com>.
You may want to look at using instances with local ssd drives. You don’t really need to keep the state data between instance stops and starts, because Flink will have to restore from a checkpoint or savepoint, so using ephemeral isn’t a problem.

Sent from my iPhone