Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Rick Hillegas <ri...@oracle.com> on 2011/06/27 16:03:46 UTC

Does anyone want to run Derby 10.9 on JVM 1.4 or on CDC/FP 1.1?

The 1.4 JVM has not been supported as a free platform for some time
(although I believe you can buy a support contract for 1.4 if you need
to). Does anyone plan to run Derby 10.9 on this platform? Does anyone
plan to run Derby 10.9 on the related small device CDC/FP 1.1 platform?
For the next feature release, we are considering dropping support for
one or both of these platforms. Your responses will help us make a decision.

Thanks,
-Rick

Re: Does anyone want to run Derby 10.9 on JVM 1.4 or on CDC/FP 1.1?

Posted by Mike Matrigali <mi...@sbcglobal.net>.
I think it would be ok to drop testing/support for jdk1.4.  But I think
it continues to be valuable to support running derby on small
devices/set top devices
through support of the CDC/FP 1.1 platform.

Derby  has a architecture which allows developers to add optional
features that depend on newer jdk features, which has been used in
the past and continues to be supported.

Posted by "Brandon L. Duncan" <br...@gmail.com>.
Drop it.

Posted by Marco Ferretti <ma...@gmail.com>.