Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Jared Blitzstein <ma...@blitzstein.net> on 2007/01/24 22:21:43 UTC

Possible to get callers IP address with pojo approach?

I'm using the pojo approach (http://ws.apache.org/axis2/1_1_1/
pojoguide.html) and need to implement a logging system in my service
to log various things including the calling clients IP address. Is
there any way to do this? If not, can someone direct me into a
direction that can? Thank you.

Re: [Axis2] Are abstract types possible with ADB and RPCMessageReceiver?

Posted by Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk>.
Hi Sathija ;

You can use the generated message receivers. Once you have the wsdl and
you have generated code using that then it generates required message
receivers for you. So you do not need to use any other message receivers

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
Thanks!

Paul

On 1/29/07, Sathija Pavuluri <sp...@emprisanetworks.com> wrote:
> I have created a JIRA: AXIS2-2055
> Also attached the entire source and the tcpmon response to the JIRA.
>
> Thanks.
> Sathija.
>

> > Sounds like a bug to me. Can you please raise a JIRA?
> >
> > Paul

> >> Does that mean that data from parent class will be lost?
> >>
> >> I actually tested this out with these objects.
> >>
> >> public class CustomerDTO {
> >>     private String name;
> >>     private String phone;
> >>     private String address;
> >> // public getters/setters
> >> }
> >>
> >> public class PremierCustomerDTO extends CustomerDTO {
> >>     private String clubName;
> >>     private String vipNumber;
> >> // public getters/setters
> >> }
> >>
> >> My service class returns a PremierCustomerDTO with data populated on it for all five attributes.
> >> Whereas, after I retrieve the PremierCustomerDTO at the client side, only the 2 attrs (clubName, vipNumber) declared
> >> on it are returned.
> >> The other 3 from the parent are null.
> >>
> >> Is that the way its designed to work? Or should I be doing something different?
> >>
> >> Thanks!
> >> Sathija.

> >> does

> > --
> > Paul Fremantle
> > VP/Technology, WSO2 and OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair
> >
> > http://bloglines.com/blog/paulfremantle
> > paul@wso2.com

Paul Fremantle

Posted by Sathija Pavuluri <sp...@EmprisaNetworks.com>.

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
Sounds like a bug to me. Can you please raise a JIRA?

Paul

On 1/29/07, Sathija Pavuluri <sp...@emprisanetworks.com> wrote:
> > The client won't be able to "see" the hierarchy. In other words the
> > client will only see a Weather schema, it won't know that Weather
> > extends from ABC. But apart from that it should work fine.
>
> Does that mean that data from parent class will be lost?
>
> I actually tested this out with these objects.
>
> public class CustomerDTO {
>     private String name;
>     private String phone;
>     private String address;
> // public getters/setters
> }
>
> public class PremierCustomerDTO extends CustomerDTO {
>     private String clubName;
>     private String vipNumber;
> // public getters/setters
> }
>
> My service class returns a PremierCustomerDTO with data populated on it for all five attributes.
> Whereas, after I retrieve the PremierCustomerDTO at the client side, only the 2 attrs (clubName, vipNumber) declared
> on it are returned.
> The other 3 from the parent are null.
>
> Is that the way its designed to work? Or should I be doing something different?
>
> Thanks!
> Sathija.
>

> > Paul
> >
> > On 1/29/07, Sathija Pavuluri <sp...@emprisanetworks.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Paul,
> >>
> >> No, I have not used that approach yet, but was looking at that option. My question regarding that, however is, does
> >> it
> >> support POJOs that are hierarchical because that's what I really need.
> >> In the Weather example in the POJO guide, if Weather extended from say ABC (could be abstract and also has its
> >> public
> >> getter/setters), would things be any different?
> >> And can the client and service still make use of this hierarchy without doing anything additional that whats
> >> described
> >> in that sample?
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Sathija.

> >> object

> >> from

> > --
> > Paul Fremantle
> > VP/Technology, WSO2 and OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair
> >
> > http://bloglines.com/blog/paulfremantle
> > paul@wso2.com

Paul Fremantle

Posted by Sathija Pavuluri <sp...@EmprisaNetworks.com>.

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
Sajitha

The client won't be able to "see" the hierarchy. In other words the
client will only see a Weather schema, it won't know that Weather
extends from ABC. But apart from that it should work fine.

Paul

On 1/29/07, Sathija Pavuluri <sp...@emprisanetworks.com> wrote:

> Paul,
>
> No, I have not used that approach yet, but was looking at that option. My question regarding that, however is, does it
> support POJOs that are hierarchical because that's what I really need.
> In the Weather example in the POJO guide, if Weather extended from say ABC (could be abstract and also has its public
> getter/setters), would things be any different?
> And can the client and service still make use of this hierarchy without doing anything additional that whats described
> in that sample?
>
> Thanks,
> Sathija.
>

> > Sajith
> >
> > Are you following the POJO sample?
> >
> > Paul

> >> Paul,
> >> I am using the code first approach and generating wsdl from the java classes.
> >> How does what you described stick into this method?
> >>
> >> Thanks.
> >> Sathija

> >> 'A'

> >> scenarios

> > --
> > Paul Fremantle
> > VP/Technology, WSO2 and OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair
> >
> > http://bloglines.com/blog/paulfremantle
> > paul@wso2.com

Paul Fremantle

Posted by Sathija Pavuluri <sp...@EmprisaNetworks.com>.
Paul,

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
Sajith

Are you following the POJO sample?

Paul

On 1/26/07, Sathija Pavuluri <sp...@emprisanetworks.com> wrote:
> > When you run WSDL2Java -ss -sd to create the server side skeleton and
> > ADB binding objects it generates a message receiver and services.xml
> > for you. You simply need to type ant to built it all into an AAR.
>
> Paul,
> I am using the code first approach and generating wsdl from the java classes.
> How does what you described stick into this method?
>
> Thanks.
> Sathija
>

> > Paul
> >
> > On 1/26/07, Sathija Pavuluri <sp...@emprisanetworks.com> wrote:
> >> Deepal,
> >>
> >> Both the server and client use ADB binding.

> >> What message receiver do I need to use then?
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Sathija.

> >> are

> >> but

> > --
> > Paul Fremantle
> > VP/Technology, WSO2 and OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair
> >
> > http://bloglines.com/blog/paulfremantle
> > paul@wso2.com

Paul Fremantle

Posted by Sathija Pavuluri <sp...@EmprisaNetworks.com>.

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
Sajitha

Posted by Sathija Pavuluri <sp...@EmprisaNetworks.com>.
Deepal,

Posted by Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk>.
Hi Sathija ;

>Hello,
>
>I am using Axis2 1.1.1 for my web services and use ADB for data binding with RPCMessageReceiver.

are you using ADB in client side or server side ?
If you are using ADB in server side you do not need to use
RPCMessageReceiver.

>I have been unsuccessfully trying to return a datatype 'A1' to my client. 'A1' extends from an abstract object 'A'
>that also contains from attributes.
>
>However, when the client receives the response, all attributes from A1 are in the response but attributes from A are
>missing.
>
>So I am back to thinking if ADB supports this object hierarchy. I have seen some older posts with such scenarios but
>no useful suggestions.
>
>Thanks!
>Sathija.

Deepal

[Axis2] Are abstract types possible with ADB and RPCMessageReceiver?

Re: Possible to get callers IP address with pojo approach?

Posted by Jared Blitzstein <ma...@blitzstein.net>.
Hi, thanks for the link. What is that msgCtx object and where does it
come from? Like I said, I'm using the pojo approach and its really
nothing more than a pojo with some simple methods in it.

Posted by Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk>.
Hi  Jared ;