Posted to users@directory.apache.org by Austin Taylor <de...@yahoo.com> on 2007/05/28 23:09:01 UTC

what is wrong with this link

http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.0/14-basic-configuration-tasks.html
  I click it, I can see that there is text there, but I can't see it after the page loads
  is there a downloadable version of this guide? I would rather not wait too long to use this software

---------------------------------
Finding fabulous fares is fun.

Re: what is wrong with this link

Posted by Enrique Rodriguez <en...@gmail.com>.
On 5/28/07, Austin Taylor <de...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.0/14-basic-configuration-tasks.html
>  I click it, I can see that there is text there, but I can't see it after the page loads
>  is there a downloadable version of this guide? I would rather not wait too long to use this software

This page looks OK to me in Firefox 1.5 on FC6 but in IE7 the body
text starts below the ApacheCon images.  Though, I can still see the
text and it is legible.

Enrique

Re: what is wrong with this link

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org>.
Austin Taylor a écrit :

>http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.0/14-basic-configuration-tasks.html
>  I click it, I can see that there is text there, but I can't see it after the page loads
>  is there a downloadable version of this guide? I would rather not wait too long to use this software

Works well for me on Firefox 2.0, and safari, even if it takes a little
bit time (lot of images...)

Which browser are you using ?

Emmanuel

Re: what is wrong with this link

Posted by Stefan Zoerner <st...@labeo.de>.
Austin Taylor wrote:
> http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.0/14-basic-configuration-tasks.html
>   I click it, I can see that there is text there, but I can't see it after the page loads
>   is there a downloadable version of this guide? I would rather not wait too long to use this software

Hi Austin!

The problems is caused by long lines in listings and it seems that it
appears in IE only.

I have added some line breaks in very long listing lines, e.g.

<bean id="examplePartitionConfiguration"
       class="org.apache.directory.server.core.partition.
                          impl.btree.MutableBTreePartitionConfiguration">

although problematic (break is not allowed in the string, for instance).
  But the problem vanished at least in my IE (which I normally do not use).

Thanks for your message, I hope this helps,
     Stefan

P.S: General documentation hint for all those who write guides: Please
check new pages with IE (if your OS allows you to do so), to get rid of
this problem before users tell us.