Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de> on 2001/10/01 18:09:47 UTC

Re: Another way to perhaps do this......

> Wouldn't it be better to subclass Apache::SSI instead of
> HTML::Embperl::Syntax::SSI ?  That part of it would be really easy - the
> hard part would be actually implementing the OAS directive actions.

If you really only want to do SSI, then subclassing Apache::SSI is of course
the easier and better way to go. If you already use Embperl or want the
features of EmbperlObject together with SSI, extenting
HTML::Embperl::Syntax::SSI offers far more possibilities

Gerald

Re: Another way to perhaps do this......

Posted by Ken Williams <ke...@forum.swarthmore.edu>.

Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de> wrote:

>> Wouldn't it be better to subclass Apache::SSI instead of
>> HTML::Embperl::Syntax::SSI ?  That part of it would be really easy - the
>> hard part would be actually implementing the OAS directive actions.
>>

> If you really only want to do SSI, then subclassing Apache::SSI is of
> course the easier and better way to go. If you already use Embperl or
> want the features of EmbperlObject together with SSI, extenting
> HTML::Embperl::Syntax::SSI offers far more possibilities

Yes, absolutely - I wasn't sure whether the OP was looking for standalone
SSI interpreting and extending, or whether he was going to use it in
conjunction with something like Embperl.

 -Ken