Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by bharath venkatesh <bh...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/18 13:24:13 UTC

score computation for dismax handler

Hi ,
      When query is made across multiple fields in dismax handler using
paramater qf  , I have observed that with  debug query enabled the resultant
score is max score of scores of query across each  fields . but I want the
resultant score to be sum of score across fields (like the standard handler
) . can any one tell me how this can be achevied.

Re: score computation for dismax handler

Posted by Jay Hill <ja...@gmail.com>.
Set the "tie" parameter to 1.0. This param is set between 0.0 (pure
disjunction maximum) and 1.0 (pure disjunction sum):
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/DisMaxRequestHandler#tie_.28Tie_breaker.29

-Jay