Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Ragavan Thiru <sk...@gmail.com> on 2016/07/15 11:03:56 UTC

Managing clients in Artemis

Hi,

I have configured Artemis as MQTT broker. I have some questions regarding
the configuration of the followings,

1. How can I configure clients and tokens/passwords of those clients?

2, If I want to manage the client credentials through an external web
service how can I configure it?

3. Is there any manual configuration requires to be done to evaluate the
credentials when a client tries to make a connection?

4. How to configure custom dynamic topics in this configuration?

5. How to filter only certain clients can connect to certain topics and
others not?

Thanks,
,
T.Ragavan.

Re: Managing clients in Artemis

Posted by Martyn Taylor <mt...@redhat.com>.
On Fri, Jul 15, 2016 at 12:03 PM, Ragavan Thiru <sk...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have configured Artemis as MQTT broker. I have some questions regarding
> the configuration of the followings,
>
> 1. How can I configure clients and tokens/passwords of those clients?
>
> 2, If I want to manage the client credentials through an external web
> service how can I configure it?

> 3. Is there any manual configuration requires to be done to evaluate the
> credentials when a client tries to make a connection?
>
> 4. How to configure custom dynamic topics in this configuration?

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by custom, but in MQTT subscriptions are
created dynamically when the client requests to subscribe to an address.
Artemis takes care of creating the relevant subscriptions queues for the
client, for this reason the client does need permissions to create queues.
See the doc Justin posted for controlling address space and access control.

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.com>.
For questions 1, 3, and 5 I think you would be helped by reading the security documentation [1].

I don't understand what you're asking about in questions 2 and 4.

Justin

[1] http://activemq.apache.org/artemis/docs/1.3.0/security.html