Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Ivan Rancati <iv...@sharpmind.de> on 2010/05/04 15:26:05 UTC

Constant throughput timer value in bytes/second

I need to simulate a number of phones (each of them connecting with a maximum
download speed, let's say gprs) downloading files (whose size can vary).

In similar cases I would compute an appropriate number of req/second and
then input it in the Constant Throughput Timer but, as file size can vary,
it would be convenient to specify the throughput in bytes/sec as opposite to
requests/sec.

Has anybody played around with this?

thanks and best regards
Ivan

Re: Constant throughput timer value in bytes/second

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/component_reference.html#HTTP_Request

para "Emulating slow connections".

Only works with HttpClient sampler.

Posted by chaitanya bhatt <bh...@gmail.com>.
Use an open source tool called WANem(google this name and you will be able
to find a link for downloading it) to serve your purpose. It can be used as
a gateway between the load generator and AUT.

Chaitanya M Bhatt