Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Andres Olave <an...@flynk.com> on 2000/11/22 02:58:31 UTC

More on non-breaking spaces

Hi again,

An adendum to the last message
To preempt the eventual - "You should just use CDATA sections"->
	This doesn't work as
		<!<CDATA[&nbsp;]>>
			becomes
				&amp;nbsp;

fun fun fun
all this escaping,non-escaping, re-escaping business is getting really
annoying and confusing

All i want is the string "&nbsp;" to be preserved!  Is this possible?
Andres

Re: More on non-breaking spaces

Posted by Ulrich Mayring <ul...@denic.de>.
Andres Olave wrote:

> All i want is the string "&nbsp;" to be preserved!  Is this possible?

Define it as an entity, so your XML Parser knows about it. This has
nothing to do with cocoon, if you feed your XML Parser entities it
doesn't know, then very likely things will not work :)

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring
DENIC eG, Systementwicklung

Re: More on non-breaking spaces

Posted by Matthew Cordes <mc...@maine.edu>.
Yes, use &#160; This is in the www.mulberrytech.com faq check there first next time please.

-matt

Posted by Duncan Dickinson <du...@binke.com.au>.
This comes up quite often. Is it worth adding it to the FAQ? I realise that
it's an XML issue and not entirely Cocoon but it might be handy :)

Just a reposting:

Hi,

It's ugly but &#160; works for me.

This might be a handy reference: