Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Paolo Campanella <pa...@mighty.co.za> on 2003/03/03 14:18:02 UTC

Re: Apache is exiting....

On Fri, 28 Feb 2003 12:15:32 -0800
"Kyle Oppenheim" <ky...@tellme.com> wrote:

> It looks like the parent server will exit if one of its children exits
> with APEXIT_CHILDFATAL.  Unfortunately, if you grep for that in the
> Apache source, it comes up more than a few times.  A stacktrace would be
> useful. Try setting a breakpoint on clean_child_exit() or use a call
> tracing utility like Solaris' truss.

gdb reports that clean_child_exit is not defined - perhaps you are
looking at newer sources than mine (1.3.22).

> Without a stacktrace, you could try to work around the problem.  It

Accept mutexes didn't solve it, but I have a reasonable workaround at
the code level to make it relatively safe - I think this is where I'm
going to leave it. Thanks for the comments though.

Bye

Paolo

Re: Apache is exiting....

Posted by Paolo Campanella <pa...@mighty.co.za>.
On Mon, 3 Mar 2003 13:36:05 +0000 (GMT)
Ged Haywood <ge...@www2.jubileegroup.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> On Mon, 3 Mar 2003, Paolo Campanella wrote:
>
> > gdb reports that clean_child_exit is not defined - perhaps you are
> > looking at newer sources than mine (1.3.22).
>
> Is there a reason why you don't want to upgrade to 1.3.27?

Have now tried 1.3.27 - no difference.

Re: Apache is exiting....

Posted by Paolo Campanella <pa...@mighty.co.za>.
On Mon, 3 Mar 2003 13:36:05 +0000 (GMT)
Ged Haywood <ge...@www2.jubileegroup.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> On Mon, 3 Mar 2003, Paolo Campanella wrote:
>
> > gdb reports that clean_child_exit is not defined - perhaps you are
> > looking at newer sources than mine (1.3.22).
>
> Is there a reason why you don't want to upgrade to 1.3.27?

I'm quite tied in to RedHat RPMS, which I've had to customise and
install across various servers. So I need to upgrade sometime, but
it's not something I can undertake lightly. I will test it soon
though & let the list know if it made any difference.

Re: Apache is exiting....

Posted by Ged Haywood <ge...@www2.jubileegroup.co.uk>.
Hi there,

On Mon, 3 Mar 2003, Paolo Campanella wrote:

> gdb reports that clean_child_exit is not defined - perhaps you are
> looking at newer sources than mine (1.3.22).

Is there a reason why you don't want to upgrade to 1.3.27?

73,
Ged.